Z-Lasik - femtosecond laser
Z-Lasik - femtosecond laser
Z-Lasik is the fastest, most accurate and finest femtolasik laser surgery of today. It corrects myopia, astigmatism, and hyperopia. The method combines a laser treatment of the cornea using two types of laser - an excimer and femtosecond laser.
Excimer laser ALCON EX 500, 1050HZ
THE COURSE OF THE SURGERY
- Before starting the procedure, your eye is numbed using anaesthetic eye drops.
- The femtosecond laser creates an about 0.1 mm thin corneal lamella and the surgeon lifts it to the side.
- The excimer laser corrects the refractive error with high precision and effect.
- After the removal of the refractive error, the surgeon puts the corneal lamella back.
- If necessary, the surgeon applies a protective contact lens on the cornea, below which the eye heals. In general, we do not apply contact lenses, because the eye is intact and the cornea is not damaged.
THE BENEFITS OF Z-LASIK SURGERY:
the procedure is painless
it is done in local anesthesia
thanks to its lower energy, the laser is more gentle on the cornea and prevents postoperative inflammation of the eyes
the surgery takes about 30 minutes
short period of convalescence
lower the risk of adverse side effects such as dry eyes or impaired night vision
stabilized vision within 2-3 months after surgery.
Z-Lasik surgery is suitable for all patients with myopia, astigmatism, and hyperopia who meet the following requirements:
WHO IS THE Z-LASIK METHOD SUITABLE FOR
- minimum 18 years of age
- no serious infection or injury to the eye within the last year
- no autoimmune disease, such as Sjogren's syndrome, lupus, and other
- no history of herpes disease of the cornea
- no extreme dry eye syndrome
- no scarring on the cornea
- normal anatomical proportions around the eye and the eye socket
- under the age of 40, it is suitable for older patients only if it is a refractive error impairing long-distace vision
- all candidates must be advised of the risks and have realistic expectations of the outcome that can be achieved in the present case
- the surgery is not recommended for pregnant and breastfeeding women. The patient’s suitability for surgery is assessed by the doctor after a comprehensive eye examination.
RISKS AND LIMITATIONSZ-Lasik method reduces the chances of side effects, however, it can cause transient decrease in the production of tears. The post-operative complication is addressed by the application of artificial tears. A few days after the surgery, patients should avoid contact sports, swimming, visit to the sauna or the solarium.
In individual cases, it may lead to insufficient correction or vice versa overcorrection of the eye error. However, these deviations can be corrected as soon as a few weeks after the surgery within our lifetime warranty.
ZIEMER FEMTO LDV Crystal line
What is it designed forFemtosecond laser from the Swiss manufacturer Ziemer Group represents a new generation femtosecond laser. We use it to correct myopia, astigmatism, and hyperopia.
FEMTO LDV Crystal line is 10 to 100 times faster and more refined than the other existing systems, also providing a very quick recovery and painless postoperative period.