WHAT IS MYOPIA?
The most common diopter errors undoubtedly include myopia - nearsightedness. This is a defect that causes poor vision in the distance. By contrast, a myopic person sees nearby objects to a certain distance very well and sharp.
In the eye of the short-sighted person the picture is created in front of the retina, therefore more distant objects are often just blotches. The extent of blurriness of vision depends on the degree of myopia, corrected by minus power prescription. The degree of myopia is usually stabilized between the 20th and 25th year of life, which is already the appropriate age for permanent removal of the defect by laser eye surgery.
Vision of a short-sighted patient
HOW TO GET RID OF MYOPIA
Nearsightedness is corrected with minus power prescription glasses with diffusing lenses, which ensure that the rays meet directly on the retina, where a sharp image is created. Although glasses or lenses can improve vision, in many cases they are a very restrictive aid.
Clearly the most advantageous and permanent option for the correction of myopia is laser eye surgery. We correct myopia using the Z-LASIK method. This is the most advanced method of laser refractive surgery available today and it has many advantages:
- it’s done under local anesthesia and takes about 30 minutes
- the surgery is painless
- no hospitalization is required, you can go home after the surgery
- quick recovery time, return to normal life already on the second day
- low risk of postoperative complications
- sharp vision several hours after the surgery.
WHEN CAN YOU UNDERGO MYOPIA SURGERY.
Any candidate over 18 years of age with a stable refractive error can undergo laser eye surgery. The highest efficiency of the treatment is between 18 and 35 years of age, but our satisfied patients also include a lot of people older than 40.
The surgery is directed by a team of top surgeons with years of experience. Thanks to the use of the latest equipment, laser surgery of myopia is a simple solution for all who want to say goodbye to the glasses forever.
PRACTICAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE SURGERY
- The procedure is preceded by a pre-operative examination that takes about an hour.
- If you wear contact lenses, you must discontinue them 14 days prior to the preoperative examination.
- The evaluation of the examination is followed by the laser surgery of myopia.
- This is a one-day surgery, after surgery you can go home immediately.
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN A CONSULTATION OR EXAMINATION?Make an appointment today